Promoting business and community
to build a stronger, more diversified economy.
EAST BERNARD, TEXAS. East Bernard is on the west side of the San Bernard River at the intersection of State Highway 60 and U.S. Highway 90A, fifteen miles north of Wharton in northeast Wharton County. The community was originally on the east side of the river, where Jethro Spivi built the first residence around 1850; hence the name East Bernard. Settlement was slow until 1859 and the arrival of the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway. A bridge was built, and the depot, Bernard Station, though originally located on the east bank of the river, was moved by 1869 to the west side, to the site of East Bernard's future Main Street.
News & Announcements


2018 BACKYARD BASH
SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT, WASHERS TOURNAMENT, FOOD TRUCK FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, JUNE 2ND
9.A.M-9 P.M.

SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT APPLICATION
WASHERS TOURNAMENT APPLICATION



RFP FOR TRASH SERVICES-JUNE 18, 2018





APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT


powered by ezTaskTM